Monday, September 16, 2013

Girls' Weekend

This past weekend, Rach and Leann came to visit me for a long weekend. I am so thankful that I have a flexible work schedule that allows me to take off ever other Friday. 

Friday: After arriving at 2:30 AM (yes, AM....my friends are very dedicated!) we got some shut-eye so that we could be fired up and ready to go for a busy and  fun weekend. We tried to go to Carrie Underwood at the Washington State Fair in Puyallup, but she was sold out. We ended up going anyway and wandered the fair and took a gondola ride over the fairgrounds.


 Saturday: We decided to get up and get going to Seattle. First stop---Sluy's Bakery in Poulsbo. For those of you who know or those I have taken, you know what I'm talking about. Those who don't, you are missing out. Come for a visit--I WILL take you. After missing the ferry (whoops, I read the time wrong), we got over to a cloudy and cool Seattle. We did a bit of shopping, a little eating, and a tons of laughing!



 And on the way home, we saw the WEIRDEST thing, and I think I'll just let the picture speak for itself:
Sunday: After church, we went BACK to Sluy's (yes it IS in fact that good), wandered through Poulsbo, then came back to watch the games, and just relaxed.

What a wonderful weekend. What wonderful memories. What wonderful friends!!


No comments:

Post a Comment